Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pride and Glory

All along, Tom had a plan. His plan was to sneak back into town during their funeral and surprise everyone. And that's just what they did. Tom, Huck, and Joe all showed their faces and received their glory on Sunday in front of the whole town. It was their 'proudest moment'. Tom then proceeded to soak up all of the fame and glory from everyone around town. They were the center of attention.

This section was so great. It even had me laughing out loud. Mark Twain wrote in such a way that I could just picture the whole predicament. It was a very unexpected twist, yet it was so compatible with Tom's character.

After Tom is done soaking in the glory, the school has a day for examinations. Many students stand up and recite different readings or poems or other literature. After a little bit of research, I found that on section that was read was adapted from The Course of Time by Robert Pollock. This section reads:
"My dearest friend, my counsellor, my comforter and guide--
My joy in grief, my second bliss in joy, came to my side."
One of the websites I got my information was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Course_of_Time. Another place I got my information was The Adventures of Tom Sawyer pg. 264

No comments:

Post a Comment